company sold me used car.It smelled at time of purchase, they said they'd clean it.

I discovered later floor rug was mildewed and found embedded old food (ugh) under clean-topped plastic seat frame covers. How could that have happened? All Tipton says is "you signed and as-is" contract. " Wow.

Also, their sales department and service departments are inept. Can't be trusted at all. They were incapable of installing items they sold me. Other shops had no trouble.

Calls to Honda itself yield nothing but "I'm sorry for your troubles." This is my first and last Honda.

Had an Experience with Tipton Honda?

Comments

brnagyn
Alpine, California, United States #631897

Service department charges about 70% more than other compitent repair facilities.My 2004 Honda Pilot transmission gave out at 70,000 miles.

I limited into their facility and was quoted $6,300 for a transmission replacement. I didn't realize that that was$2,300 more than anyone else has been charged throughout the U. S. until doing a computer search.

To add insult to injury they called me to authorize an additional $2,000 charge to remove 4 bolts which hold the transmission in place. That would be $500 per bolt. I quickly went to their shop and told them that there was no way I would submit to extortion and they backed down. Next they told me the work would need "alignment" costing $200.

I told them to forget the alignment. All told, Tipton Honda wanted me to pay $8,500 for a job that should cost less than $4,000.

Going to Tipton Honda is like going to a Los Vegas casino.They will try to take all your money and your shirt as well.you should avoid this place unless you are very wealthy.